Monday, March 21, 2011

Father Time

A couple of weeks back I had a fantastic weekend. The family came together for a milestone, which meant lots of food and catching up, great conversation and quality time with a bunch of people I don't see very often. It was a great time for all.

In the midst of this madness, my father and I slipped off to a nearby river and spent a day fishing. The weather cooperated and we had a fantastic time. My dad, who turned 70 last year, managed a 17-inch rainbow that was the fish of the day.

I spent some time taking photos of my dad and you can see the results below. I opted for the sepia treatment because I like the way it seems to enhance the contrast, plus its the tint of the Old West--and lets face it, my dad is an old man, nearly as old as the West. He is exactly the kind of old man I hope to become.

Check out the full screen version here.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post and story-well told by the pictures. My own father never learned to appreciate the outdoors & fishing, but I hope that maybe one of my grandsons will write something similar about me someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry, thanks for the kind words. Good luck with those grandkids.

    Big dog, get up here on Friday and let's fish.

    ReplyDelete