Friday, January 30, 2009

High Ate Us

The Back Eddy is on hiatus for the foreseeable future. I vow to return someday, better than before. But for now I am M.I.A. and I am not sure when I will re-enter the blogoshpere.

Before I go I want to put a plug in for a couple of fly fishing products that came my way via this blog but I never had time to mention.

First, Randy Kadish sent me his book, The Fly Caster Who Tried to Make Peace with the World. It is about some seriously old school fly fishing stuff--think tweed jackets, bamboo rods, and casting competitions in Central Park. The writing won't blow your rod cases off, but the material is quite interesting.

Second, the folks over at Best Fly Fishing Yellowstone have organized a new venture called Dry Fly Media. Their first line of products are some seriously different videos. Don't expect troutbums catching 10 lb browns to a soundtrack of Goldfinger and Rancid tunes. Instead think about sitting on a riverbank between hatches, eating a sandwich, and as the immortal Bob Dylan said: "watching the river flow." Give 'em a look.

Until the next time, cast long and true--and may all your trout rise well.

qdog

No comments:

Post a Comment