Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back (sort of) from the Wind

I am in Chicago for work, so I haven't had a chance to post. But I thought I would drop a little trip report on you. My brother and I headed for Flaming Gorge last week hoping to catch some big sterile rainbows that come in and try to satisfy their fruitless need to spawn this time of year. Here's the long and short of it: we failed and the wind howled. One fish in two days and a heckuva a lot of kicking and rowing between the two of us. Finally we got tired of it and headed for the Green River below the dam.

As if you needed more evidence that this has been a cold spring and the bugs are a little behind, we hit a massive blue wing hatch, which (according to the shops) was one of the first of the year, about month late for that river by my count. Here are some photos. Hopefully I will get a new version of the links out later. Tight lines.




No comments:

Post a Comment