Saturday, April 19, 2008

All Aboard the Streamer Express

Next week I am heading south for a stillwater trip on Flaming Gorge Reservoir in Utah. I've fished the Green River below the dam many times, but never the lake itself. My top secret sources tell me streamers and leeches are the way to go. So I've been tying a few streamers. I ride the streamer express a lot in the Fall, hunting big browns on the South Fork. My only problem with most streamer patterns is the time they take to tie. Especially any patterns with a deer-hair head. My main goal as a fly tyer is to tie simple flies that catch a lot of fish. Is that too much to ask?

Anyway, here are a couple photos of the streamers I've dreamt up for the Gorge. I hope they work because I was able to crank them out pretty fast. I am a big fan of rabbit strips on big uglies.




4 comments:

  1. Sorry the link didn't take. Check out www.moldychum.com and scroll down to the Flaming Gorge Mac...hope you have a 10 wt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know how a fly is going to work until you give it a try. Hope they work out for you. I hate it when it takes longer to tie the stupid fly than it does to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know how a fly is going to work until you give it a try. Hope they work out for you. I hate it when it takes longer to tie the stupid fly than it does to use it.

    ReplyDelete