Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hitting the Links: Two Days til Spring Edition

As Winter begins to go gentle into that good night (hopefully I haven't jinxed it into burning and raving), I present to you the latest batch of links.


  • Here is an article with the latest news on the Milltown Superfund project, which will redirect the Clark Fork and Blackfoot Rivers. I agree with Robert Warren, who sent this link along and mentioned he'd like to see the "designed dam failure". You can learn more about this project here (including a webcam) and here.

  • Tom Chandler at the Trout Underground just posted a couple of great articles (part 1 and part 2) about channeling your inner Zen while taking fly fishing photographs. As I mentioned last week, I finally entered the world of digital, so I paid close attention.

  • The guys on the Westfly Idaho Board have a neat thread going about the crazy things that happen when we fish. Lets just say that these guys have hooked multiple bats and birds. They weren't all landed, however, and some bit back.

  • The East Idaho Fly Tying Expo is coming up on April 18-19 at the Shilo Inn in Idaho Falls. This is a great event with tyers from all over the west tying every type of fly you can imagine. I will try to get over there that weekend for some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment