Monday, February 11, 2008

Hitting the Links: February Thaw Edition

3 days in a row above freezing. I hope the weather holds so I can toss some nymphs on Saturday. That is what a cold Idaho winter will do, it will make a dry fly addict like me yearn to heave some beadheads. On to the links...

  • If you've never been to StreamNet, it is worth checking out. My favorite features are the maps that show the rivers and streams where native trout can be found. Great to file away for a late summer small stream adventure.
  • Snowpack data continues to be positive, with most basins between 100% and 140%.
  • This site has a bunch of great links to webcams, from the Henry's Fork to the Tetons to Yellowstone.
  • Kelly Dangerfield has some of the coolest trout paintings on the planet, and he's having a sale. Check out this cutthroat.

3 comments:

  1. uh oh. things were going so well. so sad to hear the plug for Dook.

    all in good fun,
    Fly Fish Chick
    FAITHFUL TARHEEL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the fishing on the Bitterroot is terrible and likely will continue to be terrible for the next 5 years or so. The Madison is by far the better place to go fishing any time of the year, year in and year out. Believe me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow, I don't believe you, Tobin. I may have to find out for myself, just to be sure.

    ReplyDelete